10 Accounts Receivable KPIs tracked by this page
The Receivables Overview page of the Accounts Receivable Template for Power BI tracks the following 10 Accounts Receivable KPIs for the whole company and any selected customers:
- Aged Debt by Aged Period and by Week
- Total outstanding (unreconciled) debt
- Total Overdue Debt
- Overdue ratio (overdue/outstanding) x 100%
- Days Sales Outstanding (based on 52-weeks sales)
- Weighted Average Debt Age
- Weighted Average Due Days
- Weighted Average Overdue Days
- Receipts to date this month
- Total receipts expected this month
The Collections page presents a more detailed picture of your Accounts Receivable, showing a timeline of receivables falling due by customer, invoice and invoice item with the customer(s) balance history.
Receivables Trends Page
The trends page of the Accounts Receivable template shows the underlying trends of the receivables over the last 12 months and three months. Three trends are tracked:
- Days Sales Outstanding (aka “DSO” or “Debtor Days”), calculated on a 28-day basis (to match the trading patterns of the company). From the trends graph, you can see that there was a spike around 10 months ago, but the underlying trend has been down (an improvement).
- 28-Day Gross Sales Running Total. It is important to look at DSO trends and Debtor Balance trends in the context of sales that are being made. In other words, if you make no sales, then your debtors’ balance will reduce, but this is not usually a good thing. In this example, we have selected 28-days rolling sales as it matches the underlying sales patterns and collections patterns of the company, so reducing spurious “noise” from sales patterns that are misaligned from the reporting patterns.
- Customer balances. In this case, we are showing all customer balances, including those with a credit balance since all customers in this dataset trade on credit.